Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Vardis Marinakis

Recommendation for Christian Jakobsen
Christian was the consultant and editor of the script for my feature film “Black Field” which is going to be shot in spring 2008. With Christian we collaborated over a 3-month period.

With professional knowledge, patience, fantasy, preciseness, intuition and philosophical spirit Christian guided me to find again the core of what I wanted to say with this film. He also helped me to penetrate the deepest possible into my subject matter and create a script, which is bold and moving.

Hard work, square logic and humility are some basic ingredients to create poetry. This is something that the Greek directors usually forget. Christian without being dogmatic he always adjusted the scriptwriting techniques towards my personal style. He brought to life the story that was hidden in my script and he built up inside me a strong base of a scriptwriting technique that will help me in the future. The language was no barrier at all. Instead I was forced to express my self clearly avoiding the empty words we sometimes use to avoid talking about the subject matter.

Over all I am glad I worked with Christian because I met a wonderful guy, sensitive, smart and with great humor.

Vardis Marinakis
3/9/2007

No comments: